Kids’ shoe fit guide
Find the perfect fit for your child’s footwear from home
1. Stand up tall – against the wall
- Tape a piece of paper to the floor
- Ask your child to stand on it with their heel against the wall
- Draw around the edge of their foot
2. Measure Up
- For the length, measure from the back of the heel to the top of the big toe
- For the width, wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of their foot
3. Note those numbers
- Make a note of the measurements in millimetres
4. And repeat!
- Now repeat with the other foot
- Remember, feet can be slightly different sizes, so be sure to check both
Find their size
Our kids’ shoes are available from child size 4 to adult size 7.5. Use our size guide to find the perfect fit for your little one.
|Length (mm)||Narrow (mm)||Standard (mm)||Wide (mm)||UK Size|
Check the fit
Once their new shoes have arrived, check the fit.
1. Heel grip
- While seated…
- Lift their foot, holding the ankle with one hand and the back of the shoe in the other
- Pull down on the shoe – lightly – to check the shoe doesn’t slip off the foot
- Repeat with the other foot
2. Too big or too small?
- While standing…
- Use your fingers to feel around the top edge of both shoes
- The shoes should fit well; they shouldn’t be too tight, or have gaps at the sides
- Make sure there isn’t a big gap between the heel and the shoe
3. No rubbing
- Feel around their ankles to make sure the shoes are not touching their ankle bones
- This could cause rubbing and discomfort
4. Growing room
- Feel the tops of the shoes for the ends of the toes
- There should be a thumb’s width of space at the top to allow for growing room
5. Any bulging?
- Join us for one of our exclusive live shows
- This can be seen visually, but by feeling the sides you’ll also be able to note any pressure
6. Is the width right?
- Using your thumb, apply gentle pressure and rub it across the tops of the shoes – the material should move slightly
- Explore our top-rated styles
- If there is no movement, the width is too narrow
7. For cutaway shoes…
- For shoes that are cutaway, check the width by running your finger around the inside edges
- Make sure they don’t feel too tight or too loose
8. While walking…
- The shoes shouldn’t slip at the heels or have any gaps
- More importantly, your little one shouldn’t walk any differently to the way they normally do