International students have a variety of options for studying in Australia, and tens of thousands of students travel to the country every year to take advantage of the high level of education offered. From primary school all the way to post graduate study, our team can help you get the most out of your studies in Australia.
Australian Student Visa Subclasses
The Australian student visas system currently has 8 subclasses:
- Independent ELICOS Visa (Subclass 570): For international students travelling to Australasia to study on an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
- Schools Sector Visa (Subclass 571): For children travelling to Australia to study at a primary or secondary school.
- Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (subclass 572):For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a vocational or training qualification, such as a:
Certificate I, II, III, or IV
Advanced VET Diploma
Vocational Graduate Certificate
Vocational Graduate Diploma
- Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a higher education qualification, such as a:
Master's degree (taught/coursework based only)
Higher Education diploma/advanced diploma
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574): For international students travelling to Australia to to study towards a research based Master's or Doctoral degree.
- Non Award Sector Visa (Subclass 575): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a non-award foundation course or other full time course which does not lead to an Australian award.
- Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector Visa (Subclass 576): For international students who are sponsored by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Australia's Department of Defence, to study towards any type of course in Australia.
- Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580): For parents and guardians of international students under the age of 18 who are studying in Australia. In some circumstances guardians of students over the age of 18 may also be granted this visa.
Further Information, help, and advice
Workpermit.com has over twenty years of experience helping people immigrate to countries all over the World. If you feel that you can pass the points test and wish to immigrate to Australia, fill out our free assessment form and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
For more information and advice on Australian immigration law and Australian visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org