The UK Border Agency has opened two mobile biometric clinics in the Malaysian states of Sarawak and Sabah, which are both situated on the island of Borneo. One clinic opened in Kuching, Sarawak on August 17th 2012 and another opened in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on 18th August 2012. The clinics are run in partnership with VFS Global. They enable Malaysians from the island of Borneo to submit their biometric information without travelling to the capital, Kuala Lumpur, which is on the Malaysian mainland. All applications for a UK general visitors' visa or a Tier 1 or Tier 2 work visa or a Tier 4 student visa must provide biometric information. The visa application centre in Kuala Lumpur remains open.
Mobile clinics will take place once a week. Applicants for UK visas must book an appointment. A fee of MYR600 (£121.76, US$192.42 at today's exchange rates) must be paid in advance. This fee is separate from the visa application fee which must also be paid to the UK immigration authorities. Details of fees for Tier 1 and Tier 2 work visas, Tier 4 study UK visas and general visitor visas can be found on the UKBA website.
Those attending appointments should attend 15 minutes in advance they should bring
• Completed and signed visa application form
• Valid passport with at least one page blank on both sides
• All supporting documentation
• Bank receipt proving payment for the mobile clinic fee
• Appointment confirmation for mobile clinic appointment
Full details of documentation required at the UK immigration/VFS Global clinic can be found on the UKBA website.
Applicants should note that it will not be possible to submit their applications at the mobile clinic. The clinic is purely designed to collect biometric information, without which, applicants cannot travel to the UK. After visiting the clinic, applicants should send their applications and supporting documentation to the UK immigration authorities visa application centre in Kuala Lumpur.
Supporting documentation includes
• Valid passport
• Recent, passport-size photograph
• Signed, dated printout of the applicant's online application
• Completed self-assessment form if applying under the points-based system
• Supporting documentation
• Previous passports providing evidence of international travel
• Evidence of online payment of visa fee
• Courier receipt provided when biometric information was submitted
Full details of documentation required in support of an application for a visa to the UK immigration authorities can be found on the UKBA website.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.