How do I apply for a Netherlands Work Permit?

If you would like to make an application, please contact us on the details below and our expert immigration specialists will be pleased to prepare the application for you.

Telephone:  0344 991 9222

As of April 1st 2014 the application process for Dutch work and residence permits has been streamlined. Now either employers or workers who plan to work in the Netherlands for longer than 3 months can make a single application to the Netherlands Immigration and Naturalisation Service for a Combined residence and employment permit (GVVA).

However, the following groups of people are not entitled to the GVVA permit

  • Non-EEA nationals who plan to work in the Netherlands for less than 3 months
  • Students

  • Seasonal workers

  • Asylum seekers

  • International company employees who have been seconded to the Netherlands

  • Nationals of Croatia

These people must still apply for a TWV employment permit from the Employee Insurance Agency, and then must apply separately for a residence permit from the Immigration and Naturalisation service.

Our specialist immigration lawyers and advisers can guide you through this process, and even handle the entire application for you.