The UK Border Agency has announced that applications under many of the categories of the UK points based system will be allowed at one of the five public enquiry offices. It should be noted from the beginning of April 2009 it will be more difficult to come under Tier 1.
From 6 April 2009, you will be able to use the 'premium service' for same day processing under the following categories of the points-based system:
- Highly skilled workers Tier 1 (General)
- Sponsored skilled workers Tier 2 (General)
- Tier 2 (Ministers of Religion)
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
- Tier 2 (Intra-company transfers)
- Temporary workers Tier 5 (Creative and sporting)
- Tier 5 (Charity workers)
- Tier 5 (Religious workers)
- Tier 5 (Government authorised exchange)
- Tier 5 (International agreement)
You can make appointments right now for any date starting from 6 April 2009. UKBA started giving appointment dates from 2 March 2009.