The new Food Manufacturing and Hospitality Work Permits scheme will be operational from 30 May 2003. This is under the new Government Sectors Based Scheme (SBS). Some brief details have just been announced:
There will be 10,000 permits issued to cover the fish processing, meat processing, and mushroom processing sectors.
There will be 10,000 permits issued to cover the hotel and catering sectors.
Specific Requirements and Procedures
- You will need to show that you cannot fill the vacancy from the resident Labour Force.
- The jobs have to be at a relatively low skill level below NVQ Level 3.
- Applicants under the scheme will have to be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- The Government fees for each application are likely to be GBP74.
- The new Sector Based Scheme (SBS) will operate in a similar way to the existing work permit scheme.
Further details of the scheme will be announced shortly. In the meantime we will keep you informed of developments.
If you are an Employer looking for staff call us on +44 (0)20 7842 0800 or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for work on the new scheme register on our Employment Center