Services at British Diplomatic Posts in Pakistan
The Visa Sections in Karachi and Lahore have been closed until further notice for security reasons.
The Visa Section in Islamabad is also closed to the public, but is offering a limited service through the offices in Pakistan of Gerrys/FEDEX courier service (the addresses of their offices throughout Pakistan will be found on the High Commission's website - see below).
Visa applications are currently being accepted by the High Commission (through Gerrys/FEDEX) only from the following:
- Visitors who have traveled to the UK within the last three years in the same category;
- Students - all applications must be accompanied by full supporting documentary evidence. Acceptance of a student visa application for consideration does not guarantee that a visa will be issued as the High Commission is unable to conduct interviews at present. If it is not possible to reach a decision on an application without an interview, then it will be returned to the applicant.
- Returning Residents with evidence of their current immigration status in UK;
- Visitors, or persons wishing to settle, with an urgent and compassionate reason to travel who have received the prior agreement of the High Commission that the application will be accepted;
- Persons wishing to undertake urgent medical treatment who have the prior agreement of the High Commission that the application will be accepted;
- Business visitors with a letter of invitation from a company in the UK who have traveled to the UK within the last 3 years and have evidence of this travel;
- Holders of a valid UK Work Permit;
- Members of an airline crew on a route which passes through the UK;
- Members of crews of ships previously issued with visas for the same purpose. Applications must be accompanied by his/her Seaman's Book and a letter from a recognized shipping company;
- Applicants under the Highly Skilled Migrants Programme (HSMP);
- Persons applying for Direct Airside Transit visas (DATV). Evidence of confirmed air bookings both in and out of the UK must accompany applications;
- Persons who are entered for a professional medical exam including PLAB2;
- The spouse or child (under 18) of one of the above categories, who is accompanying the main applicant to the UK; and
- Persons being sent by their employers to attend a short professional training course.
A person who has traveled to the UK within the last three years or who qualifies to apply under one of the above categories, may submit a visa application with full documentation through the nearest Gerrys/FEDEX office.
Due to extreme pressure of numbers, it is not possible to match papers sent by sponsors direct to the High Commission with applications. Instead, these should be sent to the applicant who should, in turn, attach their supporting documentation to their visa applications before proceeding to their nearest Gerrys/FEDEX office.
Processing time is currently 10 working days, except for applications received from the Hyderabad and Quetta offices of Gerry's/FEDEX, where it is 12 working days. Please do not make enquiries on the progress of an application before this time has lapsed as the High Commission will be unable to assist you.