South Africa Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The South African Intra-Company Transfer visa allows multinational businesses to transfer employees from an overseas branch to their South African branch for up to 4 years.

Length of stay

The South African Intra-Company Transfer visa can be issued for any period of time up to 4 years, but cannot be extended or renewed.


Spouses and dependent family members, such as children, can be included on this visa.

Eligibility requirements

Applicants for the South African Intra-Company Transfer visa must meet several eligibility criteria for the visa to be granted. Applicants must provide:

  • A completed Intra-Company Transfer visa online application form

  • A passport that is valid for at least 30 days after the expected end date of the visa

  • An employment contract between the applicant and the employer's overseas branch

  • A letter from the employer's overseas branch, confirming the transfer

  • A letter from the employer's South Africa branch confirming the applicant's job role, AND;

    • confirming the length of employment in South Africa, which must not exceed 4 years

  • A vaccination certificate if the applicant is planning to travel from or through a Yellow Fever risk area

  • Proof of sufficient maintenance funds to last until until the applicant's first salary payment, such as bank statements or travellers' checks

  • A cash deposit to cover deportation of the main applicant and any dependent family members if required

  • A signed declaration from the applicant's employer stating:

    • That the applicant will leave South Africa within 4 years

    • That the applicant's passport is valid for that period

    • That the applicant will only be employed in the capacity stated on their application

    • That the applicant will comply with the conditions of their visa, AND;

    • That the employer will inform the relevant authorities if the applicant does not comply

  • Medical and radiological reports issued within the 6 months leading up to the application

  • Police/criminal record certificates from all countries which the applicant has spent more than 12 months in since the age of 18

  • A marriage certificate, or certain equivalent documents, where the applicant's spouse is included on the application

  • Birth and/or adoption certificates, where the applicant's children are included on the application

Further Information, help, and advice has over twenty years of experience helping people immigrate to countries all over the World. Whether you wish to visit, work, or study in South Africa our specialist team of immigration experts can help you with one to one advice, information, and representation when applying for your South Africa visa or work permit.

For more information and advice on South African immigration law and South African visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or at