Australia needs Skilled Tradesmen and Women Immigrants!

Support migrant centric journalism today and donate

Do you want to migrate to Australia? Are you an experienced skilled tradesman or tradeswoman looking for a job in the Australian construction industry?

Experienced tradesmen and women are in demand in a number of key construction jobs in Queensland and New South Wales. Tradesmen from the UK are in particularly high demand. You can apply for entry on the basis of a skilled nominated 190 subclass visa or skilled independent subclass visa 189 which will give you Australian permanent residence. In some cases the Australian temporary work subclass 457 visa may also be worth considering. Processing times for skilled immigration visas can be as little as three to six months. It could be even less than that for 457 temporary work visas.

There are currently Australian employers looking for prospective immigrants in the following occupations:

  • Electricians

  • Carpenters

  • Fabricators

  • Bricklayers

  • Plasterers

  • Roof Tilers

  • Cabinet Makers

We work together with a skills assessment organisation in London that can quickly provide a skills assessment and help with jobs for tradespeople for those interested in immigration to Australia.

We are including details below of some of the more popular skilled immigration visa categories:

Australian Skilled nominated Subclass 190 Visa

This visa is a permanent skilled immigration visa which requires nomination by a State or territory Government Agency in Australia. You must be under the age of 50 and possess a relevant occupational skills assessment and must gain at least sixty points in the points test.

Australian Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189

Subclass 189 Visas are for migrants to Australia who have not been sponsored by a State or Government Agency or family or employer. You need to be under the age of 50 and possess a suitable skills assessment. You need to be competent in the English language and gain sixty points under the points test. To apply under Visa Subclass 189 you will need to submit an expression of interest and be invited to apply by SkillSelect.

Australian Skilled Temporary Work Visa Subclass 457

The employer needs to be an approved sponsor with Australian immigration and then sponsor the overseas employee for the particular position. The 457 visa is to employ skilled workers from abroad for period of up to four years.

For advice and assistance on Australian immigration and jobs in the Australian construction industry call on 0344 991 9222.