The Turkish Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program has emerged as an attractive pathway for individuals seeking to gain an E2 Treaty Investor visa for the US and gain better visa-free travel. Applicants are likely to be citizens of countries with poor visa free travel around the world. This guide walks you through the essentials of obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment and how it facilitates your eligibility for an E2 visa.
Turkish Citizenship by Investment: An Overview
Turkish citizenship by investment is a government-initiated program that allows non-Turkish citizens to acquire Turkish citizenship by making a specified investment. The program has gained significant traction due to its swift processing times, minimal residency requirements, and the potential access to the US via the E2 visa. Moreover, it eliminates the need to renounce your existing citizenship, as Turkey allows dual citizenship.
Primary Advantages of Turkish Citizenship
Turkish citizenship boasts several attractive benefits:
- Visa-free travel: Turkish passport holders can enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to over 110 countries, including prominent tourist destinations like Japan, Singapore, and South Korea.
- Quick processing times: The citizenship process is typically completed within 3 to 6 months.
- No residency requirement: There's no obligation to spend a specific amount of time in Turkey.
- US E2 visa eligibility: Turkey's status as an E2 treaty country with the United States makes it possible for its citizens to apply for an E2 visa.
- Dual citizenship: Turkey permits dual citizenship, allowing investors to retain their original nationality.
Delving into the E2 Visa: A Golden Opportunity
The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is an attractive option for those looking to live, work, and invest in the United States. It enables individuals to start a business or invest in an existing businessin the US, and it can be renewed indefinitely as long as the business remains operational.
Key Requirements for the E2 Visa
To qualify for an E2 visa, you must meet several criteria:
- Nationality: You must be a national of a country that maintains a Treaty of Trade and Commerce with the United States. Turkey is one such country.
- Investment: You must have invested or be in the process of investing a substantial amount of money in a bona fide enterprise in the US.
- Control of Funds and Business: The investment funds must be under your control, and you must demonstrate at least 50% ownership of the business or possess operational control through a managerial position.
The E2 Visa Process
The E2 visa process involves various stages, including preparing a comprehensive business plan, filing the necessary forms with the US Embassy or Consulate or the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the US.
Bringing Family Members to the US
One of the attractive aspects of the E2 visa is that it allows your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to accompany you to the US. Spouses automatically gain employment authorization and can work for anyone, and children can attend school.
Obtaining Turkish Citizenship through Investment
Several investment options can lead to Turkish citizenship, each with its own financial thresholds:
- Real estate investment: Acquire property worth at least $250,000 and commit to keep it for at least three years.
- Capital investment: Make a capital investment of at least $500,000 in fixed capital.
- Job creation: Establish a business that creates at least 50 jobs for Turkish citizens.
- Bank deposit: Deposit at least $500,000 in a Turkish bank, to be held for a minimum of three years.
- Government bonds: Purchase government bonds worth at least $500,000, to be held for at least three years.
After making the qualifying investment, you can apply for Turkish citizenship. The whole process typically takes between three to four months.
Tips for Investors: Maximizing Success in Your E2 Visa Journey
Investors considering the Turkish citizenship to E2 visa route can benefit from the following tips:
- Plan your investment: It's important to have a solid investment plan for your E2 visa investment.
- Prepare for active business management: The E2 visa requires active involvement in the management of the business. Be prepared to engage in the day-to-day operations of your enterprise.
Wrapping Up: Turkish Citizenship by Investment as a Stepping Stone
Turkish citizenship by investment offers a quick and relatively affordable route to gaining an E2 visa. By making a qualifying investment in Turkey, you can obtain Turkish citizenship in a matter of months. This not only opens up visa-free travel to numerous countries but also sets the stage for obtaining an E2 visa for the United States. Turkish citizenship by investment can be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams of a new life in the US.
workpermit.com helps with US Work Visa: L1, H1B, E2, and O1 Visas
There are various types of US visas that individuals can apply for, depending on their circumstances. Some of the most common employment-based visas include:
L1 visa: This visa is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions or have specialized knowledge.
H1B visa: This visa is for specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields.
E2 visa: This visa is for investors who have made a significant investment in a US business and, management or essential skills employees. Only certain nationalities can apply.
O1 visa: This visa is for individuals with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics.
Workpermit.com is a specialist visa services firm with over thirty years of experience dealing with visa applications. For more information and advice, please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail)