Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

Alternative UK business immigration route

Support migrant centric journalism today and donate

For most people, immigrating to the UK for work requires applying under the points-based system. People who work for international companies could come under the Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer route.

However, some people who are employed by a foreign business can immigrate to the UK as 'representative of an overseas business'; You would not need to meet the requirements of the Tier 2 points based system. The Tier 2 visa system has a limit on the number of visas that can be issued each year. There is no such limit in the representative of an overseas business category.

You must meet certain requirements to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business:

  • You must have been recruited as a senior employee outside of the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business is outside of Britain.
  • You must not be a majority shareholder in the company
  • You must not work for another employer (including yourself)
  • You must be able to support yourself and your dependants during your stay in the UK
  • The company must not already have a branch, subsidiary, or other representative in the UK.
  • You must have full authority to take operational decisions for the company.
  • You must be able to speak English.

For more information on immigrating to the UK as a sole representative of an overseas business, please contact our London or Delhi office.