- Great job opportunities in many sectors of the economy.
- Sunny, warm weather.
- English is the main language in Australia.
- Lower property prices; Houses in Australia are also typically double the size of houses in the UK.
- There are a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Lower living costs.
- Australian cities are ranked amongst the top cities in the World in which to live.
- In many cases Brits are attracted by the relaxed lifestyle in Australia.
2008 saw the highest level of immigration to Australia's since the late 1960s; According to official Government statistics out of the 149,365 permanent migrants 23,236 came from Britain.
Overall a total of 395,000 people from the UK left the country during 2008 emigrating to countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Spain and France. This represents a 24 per cent increase compared to the 318,000 people who left in 2007. It is said that one in twelve Britons now live abroad.
According to the 2006 Australian census almost five million people were born outside Australia. This represents almost 24% of the total Australian resident population.
Occupations in the current Migration Occupations in demand list include Accountants, Architects, IT Professional, Healthcare professionals, Chefs and many Tradespeople occupations.
It is expected that the number of Brits leaving for Australia will continue to grow in future. With this news report we are including a listing by Country of birth for the Australian resident population:
|Country of Birth||Estimated Resident Population|
|Serbia and Montenegro||68,879|
For further information on immigration to Australia and other Countries please go to the links on our website. You can also contact us directly by clicking on one of the forms at the top of our homepage.