Due to major refurbishment works to the public and office space in the visa section in Tirana, the UK will be able to offer only a restricted service for personal applications from 17 October to 4 November 2005 inclusive. They will only be able to conduct settlement interviews during this period.
The categories of application that will be accepted during the period are:
- Settlement applications e.g. husband, wife, fiancée, fiancé etc
- Visitor visa applications from those who have traveled to the UK in the last five years
- Visitor visa applications from applicants who have traveled to the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand within the last 5 years
- Visitor visa applications for compelling compassionate or emergency reasons
- Visitor visa applications from applicants who have valid permission to travel to Western Europe or Switzerland
- Applications from diplomats and host Government officials