ArchiveYou are in the workpermit.com archive section. The information on this page may be out of date.
If you are a business person with an established business in Australia, you can can apply to immigrate under the Established Business in Australia category. You must be in Australia with a temporary visa (other than a bridging visa or a criminal justice visa).
You will need to show you have had at least a 10 percent ownership in an Australian business, for at least 18 months prior to your application, in order to fulfil the requirements for the Established Business in Australia Visa.
To be eligible to apply to migrate to Australia under the Established Business in Australia category you will need to show that:
- you are the holder of a temporary substantive visa - that is, a visitor, student or temporary resident visa other than a special purpose, border, diplomatic, domestic worker or transit visa;
- you have been in Australia for a minimum of 9 months cumulatively in the 12 months before the date of application;
- you have held an ownership interest of at least 10% in one or more main businesses in Australia for at least 18 months immediately before applying;
- your (or your and your spouse's) total net assets in Australia for the 12 months prior to application were greater than AUD $250,000;
- your (or your and your spouse's) net assets in business in Australia for the 12 months prior to application were greater than AUD $100,000;
- you have been actively involved in, and directly responsible for, the day to day management and overall performance of your main business(es);
- you have an overall successful business career;
- you have not been involved in business or investment activities considered unacceptable in Australia; and
- you score at least 105 points in the established business in Australia points test. The points test categories are age, language ability, business attributes and net assets.
The requirements for this visa are quite extensive and we recommend you set up an appointment with our consultants today to discuss this visa if you are planning to apply.