Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

US F-1 and M-1 Student Visas

Section Menu

show hide

The US is a world leader in education, with 46 of the world's top 100 universities on US soil. This popularity has made US educated world leaders commonplace: UN secretary general Kofi Annan, Korean prime minister Kang Young Hoon, and a long list of international Nobel Prize winners all attended US universities.

US Student F-1 and M-1 Visa Categories

This popularity could have made the US student visa system extremely complex, but luckily the system is streamlined. In fact there are only 2 main visas for full time students:

  • F-1 Visa For full time students studying at an academic institution such as a school, college, or university.

  • M-1 visa For full time students studying at a non-academic or vocational insitution, such as a technical college.

Please see our F-1 Visa and M-1 visa guides for information on eligibility requirements and application advice for these visas.

Further information, help, and advice's team of specialists has over 25 years of experience in immigration services, and have helped thousands of people to study and work in the US. All applications for US visas are dealt with in-house by a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

For more information and advice on US immigration law and US visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or at