USA Employment based immigration visas (Green Cards)

Section Menu

show hide

Employment based immigration visas, or Green Cards, allow migrants to gain lawful permanent residence in the US in order to engage in skilled work. There are two ways to obtain a US Green Card: one way is through a family member, the other way is to obtain an employment based Green Card (you can also try for the annual Green Card diversity lottery). This section concentrates on the 5 types of employment based Green Cards.

There are 5 EB categories:

  • EB-1 For multinational executives or managers, or for people with exceptional experience and ability in science, art, education, business, or sport.
  • EB-2 For those in certain professions – such as medicine, science, and teaching - who hold a Master's degree or higher.
  • EB-3 For skilled workers with at least 2 years of experience in their field, Master's degree and PhD holders who are not covered by the EB-2 visa, and for low skilled workers to take a permanent US job.

  • EB-4 For certain migrants who do not fit into other visa categories: some religious workers, US Foreign service employees, and others.

  • EB-5 For investors who invest a minimum of either $900,000 or $1,800,000 in a US business with at least 10 employees.

Further information, help, and advice's team of specialists has over 25 years of experience in immigration services, and have helped thousands of people to study and work in the US. All applications for US visas are dealt with in-house by a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

For more information and advice on US immigration law and US visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or at