Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

Freelance in the UK

Section Menu

show hide


You are in the archive section. The information on this page may be out of date.

In general, overseas nationals coming to work in the UK, or Europe, will need a work permit which must be sponsored by an established local company that will employ them. However, there is an alternative for citizens of the following countries:

  • Bulgaria
  • Romania

Under the EC Association Agreement, you can come and set up your own business without the usual, and generally prohibitive, need to invest £200,000. You will find further details of the requirements and procedures for this programme in the EC Association Agreement and working in the UK page.

If you want to be an entrepreneur, then can simply help you with obtaining the relevant visa. However, we find that many people want to come to the UK and to work as freelance IT professionals, but do not really want the hassles of administering and running a company. If you are in that position, then we have an offering that can help you focus on what you do best and leave the rest to us.

What you get

  • Visa application (this requires the drafting of a business plan)
  • Company incorporation
  • Registered office
  • Office with PC where you can be based when looking for contracts
  • Advice on the UK contracting market
  • Assistance in finding a contract
  • Opening a bank account for the business
  • Assistance with opening a personal bank account
  • Telephone answering
  • Tax planning
  • Remuneration administration
  • Filing of annual returns for the business
  • Filing of your personal tax returns

NB Once you have spent a year in the UK, the opportunities become even greater – we can then help you move to other EU countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, etc.

If you would like to apply for UK freelance, please fill out our on-line form, or contact our Central European Office on +371 67814121.

If you do not qualify for this programme and are looking for work please go to our employment center.


You are in the archive section. The information on this page may be out of date.