Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

Temporary Work Charity Worker visa

Section Menu

show hide

Temporary Work Charity Worker visa

The Temporary Worker Charity Worker visa, formerly Tier 5 visa, is for people coming to the UK to do voluntary work for a charity. The work must be directly related to the work of your sponsor organisation. In order to apply under this category you must have a valid Certificate of sponsorship from a licensed Temporary Work sponsor charity.

Length of stay

You can stay for a maximum period of 1 year in total. If your Certificate of Sponsorship is for a shorter period than one year, you can stay for the duration of the Certificate of Sponsorship plus fourteen days as long as the total period is one year or less.


Temporary Work Charity Worker visa applicants must have funds of at least £1,270 unless your Temporary Work sponsor can guarantee your maintenance with the UK Home Office. Sponsors are usually 'A rated' sponsors and so should be able to do this.


Workers on this visa cannot receive any payment for their work.  They can work in another job for up to twenty hours a week.

Further information, help, and advice’s team of specialists has over 30 years of experience in visa services, helping thousands of people to study and work in the UK and other countries. We work with OISC registered advisers who can help with your UK visa application to the Home Office.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or email us at