Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

Right of Abode (UK)

Section Menu

show hide

A dual national is entitled to a Right of Abode stamp in their foreign passport to enable travel into the UK without hindrance.

It is also possible to have the Right of Abode if:

  • They are a Commonwealth National and one of their parents was born a British Citizen.
  • They are a commonwealth woman married to a British Citizen on or before 1.1.1983.

A person with the right of abode may apply to register as a British Citizen.