Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

T2 Minister of Religion Visa

Section Menu

show hide

For workers coming to the UK to fill a position – such as a minister of religion or missionary - within a religious organisation in the UK. The worker must have a confirmed job in the UK and a certificate of sponsorship from a religious organisation with a valid sponsor licence before they apply.

This guide is split into the following sections:

Length of stay

Up to 3 years and 1 month, or up to 14 days after the period stated on your certificate of sponsorship (whichever comes first), and up to 6 years with extensions.


T2 Minister of religion visa applicants must have funds of at least £1,270, and must have had this amount consistently for 28 days, unless their "A rated" sponsor can guarantee maintenance with the UK Home Office. Usually sponsors are "A rated".

Switching to a T2 Minister of Religion visa

Workers who are already in the UK can switch to a T2 Minister of Religion visa as long as they are not in the following visa categories:

  • Visitor

  • Short-term Student

  • Parent of a Child Student

  • Seasonal Worker

  • Domestic worker in a private household

  • Stay in the UK outside the Immigration Rules

Other activities and restrictions

Workers on this visa can take part in other work and study activity while in the UK. This includes taking a second job (but cannot begin working before they start the job on their certificate of sponsorship), doing voluntary work, and studying.

Further information, help, and advice’s team of specialists has over 30 years of experience in visa services, helping thousands of people to study and work in the UK and other countries. We work with OISC registered advisers to submit your UK visa application to the Home Office.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or email us at