Call for paid service +44 (0)344-991-9222

Temporary Work Religious Worker visa

Section Menu

show hide

Temporary Work Religious Worker visa

Temporary Work Religious Worker visa category, formerly Tier 5 visa, is for people coming to the UK to work temporarily as a religious worker in a non-pastoral role or religious order. In order to apply under this category you must have a valid Temporary Work visa certificate of sponsorship from a licensed Temporary Work visa sponsor religious organisation.

If your main reason for coming to the UK is to do preaching and pastoral work on a longer term basis, you should apply under the Minister of Religion visa T2.

Length of stay

Usually up to 28 days after the period of work stated on your certificate of sponsorship, and up to 2 years in total.


Temporary Work Religious Worker visa applicants must have funds of at least £1,270 unless their Temporary Work sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only 'A rated' sponsors have this option.

Further information, help, and advice’s team of specialists has over 30 years of experience in visa services, helping thousands of people to study and work in the UK and other countries. We work with OISC registered advisers to help with UK visa applications.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0344 991 9222 or email us at